Last time I did an entry, it was March and I figured it would be a good idea to do an update, especially concerning the things I do not mention quite a bit.
2012 brought me:
A closer family. My grandfather passed away in June and he was our rock. Everyone in our family loved him and he is greatly missed, yet his absence makes all of us care about each other a lot more than in the past. It is a good thing we do this now but really sad we could not do it for him to see.
A start in my career. On the day of my grandfather's viewing, I received a call from this community college in Lubbock, Texas, asking me to interview for a teaching position. How could I refuse that? I fly down in the summer...in Texas...what a dumb idea! Those who know me know I do not like the heat so when I get there, it is incredibly hot. Regardless, I interviewed well and was offered the job. I was apprehensive about taking it because I never wanted to live in Texas. Too conservative and brash. I wanted to stay in Indiana and all of this is going through my head as I am about to shake the hand of the department chair and accept the job, which I did. I love my job and it is my life. I honestly could not see myself doing anything else but did I really have to be in Texas? Eh, I cannot complain too much. I have something millions of people do not and I will take that any day with gratitude and hard work.
Frustration. My family likes to ask if I "met" anyone. This is their way of asking if I am dating. Lubbock has not been kind because women are frustrating. Thanks, 2012 and family!
Absence. I miss my family but I really miss my dog the most. I am incredibly close to my parents and my nieces and love them more than I love anything but I miss Wags being happy to see me. It would be great if I could have that kind of comradely with something and so I may get a dog soon. I have to state that no dog will ever be like Wags. She is unique and awesome. I can only hope to find one that is just as awesome in its own way.
Directions. When I moved to Lubbock, I got lost. I get lost because it helps me find my way around on my own. When I could not find my way around, I honestly became lost. I had no idea where I was but the most irritating moment came when I mentioned it to my colleagues. They looked me like I had a third eye growing on my forehead and asked me the following question, "How could you get lost? Lubbock is on a grid." After throwing my hands in the air, I learned the grid. I still forget places from time to time but I am getting better at this grid system thing. I will get it eventually - eventually being the key word there.
Laughs. I laugh early and often. It is a great medicine and highly suggest people use it. I laugh at a lot of things and wish people did too. It would make conversation a lot more pleasing.
I hope I can do this more often. It would be neat to see next year what I wrote about 2013. Who knows, maybe something interesting will happen.
Till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment