

"Leather and Lace" by Stevie Nicks (featuring Don Henley) speaks the words that do not come to mind when I think of home, especially when I leave it. When Don Henley sings the lyrics:
"...Sometimes I'm a strong man
Sometimes cold and scared
And sometimes I cry..."
I feel that way when I leave Indiana and my family. I think of my mom, dad, Wags (haha), and everyone else, and it's an emotional time. Not like (Mark) McGwire's or (Jimmy) Swaggert's breakdown, but just a point where a sigh and a smile is in order. After all leaving home is not entirely easy, especially when you see pictures of Wags sitting like that (left), and my niece Ava being as sweet as ever (above left).
I am just glad and thankful that I have a home to which I can return, and they don't seem to mind that I return.
Not much to this post, just expressing some emotion that I usually do not.
Till Next Time
I am just glad and thankful that I have a home to which I can return, and they don't seem to mind that I return.
Not much to this post, just expressing some emotion that I usually do not.
Till Next Time
No comments:
Post a Comment