When people hear the name of Thorin Oakenshield, they think of this man.
A key character from The Hobbit who
resembles a mixture of Rob Zombie and Jesus and has the sword skills of
Conan the Barbarian. In other words, a freaking awesome dude who kicks
tail and takes names. I would like to point out that people should
think of this upon hearing that name.
I know, it is a bit different than before. It could work, well, no it could not but it will. See, when I finished reading The Hobbit
I told myself that my first dog would be named "Thorin Oakenshield"
because of what the character represents. Honor, pride, belonging, and
power. Just saying the name is pretty awesome (go ahead, do it).
J.R.R. Tolkien had a phenomenal imagination, especially to create a
language. It makes me chuckle when I call this powerful name to a
small, timid, female puppy (yes, it is a she). Kind of like "Little
John" from Robin Hood but the opposite.
She is pretty
great so far, for being eight months old and in a new place. For what
more could I ask? She is a lap dog and wants to get on the couch and
whines when I am not around, so learning boundaries will be a thing for
her but this will be my buddy for at least the next ten years of my
life. So far, trying to be distant from her is a difficult task. In
all reality, it makes me miss Wags. Thorin does not know me all that well and already loves me. It is probably because she does not have much of a choice.
I
am on spring break and the question remains. What will I do? I plan
to spend most of the time with Thorin but I will venture out to see the
Buddy Holly Museum. That will happen this week. I asked a class of
mine how to get there and a student told me that I am on the right track
when the roads worsen. After questioning this logic, the rest of the
class agreed. Interesting. Anyway, I also have papers to grade so too
that will keep my busy.
Bobby showed a website where a
designer turned a few presidents into
crazy killers. The pictures are great, in particularly the detail. The
one pictured is of President Jackson who has a combination of Iron Man's
energy in the middle of his chest and his leg armor; a cyborg right eye
that is red; a sword on his back; the B.F.G. from Doom in his right
hand; and finally the head of an alien in his left hand all in the
foreground of a massive explosion. That is great stuff. There is more
to find so I suggest the use of Google.
Anyway that is all worth mentioning for now.
Till Next Time,


No comments:
Post a Comment