CNN Political Tracker

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

*Witty Title Here*

I really do not like impersonal text messages.

I move into a house next month...a house!  I did not buy one but I will one day.  I am still unsure if I want to live in Lubbock for a long time.  I still feel like something else in a different place is out there for me.  Ireland, Canada, Boston, Chicago, Indy, Milwaukee, St. Paul, Cincinnati, or even Pittsburgh.  I tell people that except for D.C. I never considered living south of the Ohio River.  I am a northerner and the south is not exactly my ideal place to be.  Oh well...but a house!  Cool...

I watched Mannequin on HBO Comedy a few moments ago.  I do not know if this odd feeling is due to me watching that dumb movie or something else.  I am going with the movie.

My dog Thorin Oakenshield has a Twitter account.  Go follow her because she tweets funny stuff.

My parents plan to come to Lubbock in August during my two week break between the end of the second summer session and the start of the fall semester. They will stay for a few days.  Not entirely sure what to do with them but it should be somewhat entertaining.

I told a colleague today (or yesterday I guess) that it bothers me when people complain about their job or state how they cannot wait to go on vacation.  I understand some people need a break but why state that kind of thing?  It must be that I have a different perspective on things.  I read Thoreau's Walden a few years ago and it transcended my outlook on life.  Thoreau encourages people to do all things with enthusiasm and to be happy with what they do.  In other words, you should do what you love and love what you do.  It really annoys me when I read social media updates from friends on how they cannot stand their job.  To that I ask, why are you doing that job?  It must be really sad to live a life filled with complaints and unhappiness.  Only they can change their life and we can stop forest fires.

I am on this 24 Day Challenge thing from Advocare.  Tomorrow is day twelve and I have lost weight thus far.  I feel and look better.  I saw a picture of me from three years ago and boy was I fat in the face.  When I came to Lubbock, I lost fifteen pounds since leaving graduate school and then I went home for Christmas Break haha.  My parents made me eat more than I wanted.  Cannot say I liked that idea.  Back to the story at hand, I actually fit in a pair of pants I have not worn in almost ten years!  Stick to the plan and results will be seen.

I wonder what it would be like to still be friends with you.

My ex girlfriend told me the reason she stopped liking me was that I act like an eight year old (a "kid" in her terms).  That comment rings true to me today but that is who I am.  I enjoy making people laugh and always have.  She is not a nice person anyway so what does she know?

Part two of The Hobbit comes out during Christmas and the first trailer has been released.  It looks really good and I am excited to see it.

Finally, rabble rabble dabble wabble.

Till Next Time...

No comments: